Honda ignition Switch

Old 06-03-03, 06:45 PM
Matthew Huynh
Visiting Guest
Question Honda ignition Switch

My car is a Honda Accord EXI 1995. (it crashed once and the airbag has been removed).

The engined stoped when i was driving on the high way, i pulled aside and restart the engine and it running again.
But the next day i couldn't started my car at all.
A friend diagnosed the problem and apparently he fixed up the ignition switch circuit, this was done without my presence.
I have been told apparently my friend have bridged the wire from accessory to the start. I can now start my car and it running fine, but there is one problem, when i turned the ignition key from start to accessory level, the engine is still running.

can someone tell me what was the exact problem with my car (i assumed that the start circuit in the ignition switch has broke?)

Do i have to buy a new ignition switch ?
I would like to replace the ignition switch by my-self as my friend is now oversea.

Is it possible to fix up this problem by my self?
Is there a protocol/instructions on how to dismantle the ignition switch and replace it with a new one. Can someone help me with the protocol on how to do this by myself
this would be very much appriciated
Mat

Last edited by Matthew Huynh; 06-06-03 at 05:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-03, 02:41 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like the ignition switch was bypassed.

As I recall most Honda ignition columns are clamshelled and come apart in two halves, so it might be a DIY repair. If autolibrary.org below states that the airbag is involved, bail out and get professional service.