Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'65 Corvette Battery

Visiting Guest

06-05-03, 04:59 PM   #1  
Ted Gibson
'65 Corvette Battery

Please specify the battery I should buy to replace my old battery in my '65 Corvette 327 ci, 300 hp.

Amps and etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-05-03, 05:56 PM   #2  
Joe_F
The one that costs the least to operate per month. The way you figure that out is by dividing the cost by the warranty period. The one with the lowest cost per month is the one to go with.

Stick with AC Delco as they fit properly and last the longest. Also, if I were you on a classic like this, I'd get the correct style Delco reproduction batteries. They are pricey, but look great in a restored engine compartment.

Ecklers or any Corvette parts vendor has them available. I believe they are called Tar Top style Delcos.

Any of the current Delco Freedom replacements are MORE than adequate for this old shark.

Good luck,

WV

06-05-03, 07:12 PM   #3  
Ted,

If this is not a show car then I would recommend an Interstate battery. I do not have the book in front of me, but i will look it up tomorrow and get back to you, or you could just go to one of your larger auto shops or dealers and see if they have them in stock. They will have the application book.
Billy

P.S. Of course those Optima batteries are real nice. I havent heard any bad about them ( except for price.... around $130+...... yikes).

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 05:59 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Interstates are leakers . I find that Delco batteries also fit better and leak virtually nothing .

I'd keep my GM vehicle all GM . LOL.

WV

06-06-03, 10:12 AM   #5  
THATS FUNNY!!!!!!

OH

06-06-03, 11:33 AM   #6  
Not worth replacing in a car that old. Just let me know where to pick it up and have the title ready and I'll take it off your hands for free.

Visiting Guest

06-06-03, 12:53 PM   #7  
Joe_F
Mattison:

LOL. I'm with ya on that one .

Search this Thread