off post subject?

Old 06-07-03, 10:51 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
off post subject?

This may be a little off the post subject, but since forum does have good tech's, DIY'rs and auto/truck information, I would appreciate any pro's and con's or feedback on these aluminum car ports you see advertised, installed for a little over 600 bucks.
Brother needs something like this but I dont want to encourage or dis-courage him and spend his money, without some research. Saw one recently, boxed in on 3 sides. Looked OK and seemed to be sturdy enuff. Would be used strictly for sheltering purposes. Thought this would be as good place as any to get some good info.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-03, 12:15 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Nah it's appropriate

Look through Hemmings Magazine or just about any car magazine and there are always companies that advertise these types of structures. Compare and contrast materials, cost and shipping/prices on each.

Make sure your local building codes OK this type of thing and get any permits required. Nothing like someone raining on your parade due to an unknown law on something like that.

Old 06-07-03, 04:38 PM
I think they are fine. Just be sure and keep in touch with the appearance of the property from the street view. In some upper class neighborhoods it might considered an eye sore. That's not a problem where I live.