Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1988Crown Vic Ltd has a mysterious hose that is dragging the ground.

Visiting Guest

06-10-03, 08:39 AM   #1  
Paprincess
1988Crown Vic Ltd has a mysterious hose that is dragging the ground.

If someone can please help me or even point me in the right direction I'd be most thankful. I came in from work last night and found a small hose dangling from my car. I need to find it it's home. It looks like it comes off the side of where the engine is and is pretty long but I can't find a hole or split hose or anything. When I turn on the engine it sucks air so much that when you put your thumb over it it sucks it right to it. If someone can please help- me or even give me some where to look It would be great. I was suspose to be at the hospital with my Mom this morning when she underwent surgery I'm really late and want to know if even if it's still ok to drvie like this.
many thanks,
Robin

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-10-03, 08:56 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Use the emission diagram under the hood to see if you can place the hose.

It sounds like something for the AIR injection system or the PCV valve line. Where is the hose coming from?

It's probably OK to drive it a short distance if you cannot fix it.

Visiting Guest

06-10-03, 08:58 AM   #3  
Paprincess
This is a V8 5.oL engine and the hose is Coming from the Front of the engine it has some kind of (what I believe to be ) sensor on it. the emissions diagram does not list this hose on it.

Visiting Guest

06-10-03, 09:06 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Tough to say without really seeing it. Drive it by a garage and see if they can find it for you quickly or reconnect it for you.

Search this Thread