98 Dodge Caravan

Old 06-16-03, 08:11 AM
lsmoore
Visiting Guest
98 Dodge Caravan

I have a 98 Dodge Caravan, v-6, 3.0L engine and I recently had a leak in the dual cooling system in the radiator. It cooled my water and the transmission fluid. The leak was in the transmission part so I installed a separate cooling apperatus for the transmission and capped off the hoses leading to the other regular radiator. This is how one mechanic had told me to fix it. I had the transmission and radiator flushed and they are both working fine. My problem is that my A/C has not worked since I have done this. The compressor comes on and the blower works but no cold air. When I first turn the A/C on it used to make a little noise like the air flow was switching over to the A/C and then start cooling and the noise would quit. Now it just keeps making the noise but the air is not getting cool at all. Is this something to do with the radiator and is there a way to fix it?

Last edited by lsmoore; 06-20-03 at 06:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-03, 08:18 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Repair the system as per the original setup and let's go from there.

Old 06-16-03, 11:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like problems waiting to happen. The water from the radiator is going to leak into the radiator cooling line in the radiator, mixing the oil and water, not circulating, and making the radiator hotter. Also, your trans fluid may not be cooled enough by the external cooler only. Especially if you have overdrive. Fix the problem right, or you'll wind up with some bigger repair bills.

As far as the AC...have you double checked all pressure switch connections and such? Maybe one got knocked off or loose when the other work was done. If there was damage to the radiator, the condenser may also be damaged and your freon may be gone.

Search this Thread