Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power Window

Visiting Guest

06-16-03, 12:15 PM   #1  
duce110
Power Window

I have a 95 Honda Civic Ex with 118000 miles. I'm having problems with my power window. The window goes up and down but it's really really slow. Sometimes it stops and not move. I have to move the button a couple of times for the window to start going up again. Any ideas on what it might be.

Joe, thanx for the tip on the recalls with the 99 Ford Explorer I have. I took it to Ford and they fixed everything for free. The rattling noise I was hearing, the windshild wipers going off on there own, and the check engin light. They told me it was my
o-rings that where leaking. They also changed the cables for the wipers and they replaced the intake and the belt tensioners. All the problems I've had are now gone. The only thing I got left is the Airbag light but again thanx.

Sponsored Links

06-16-03, 01:22 PM   #2  
Honda has a problem with the windows binding in the window run(the rubber that the window glides in)

They have a special silicone lube in a tube that works well, available through their part system.

Larry

Visiting Guest

06-16-03, 04:44 PM   #3  
Joe_F
Agree with Larry, but it sounds like a tired motor as well. Have it looked at.

Good deal on the Ford, glad you got a freebie there.

Search this Thread