Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 Buick Century, Locks and Windows

Visiting Guest

06-18-03, 11:07 AM   #1  
tkays
98 Buick Century, Locks and Windows

'98 Buick Century 4 door

Several problems, not sure if they are related or not.

Power Locks - Just went out the other day. The keychain remote will not work. Nor will the power lock switch on the driver door to lock all dors

Rear Driver side door- Will not lock unless you manually lock it from the inside. Even when the keychain remote and driver door switch worked.
**Also, the window will not roll down with either the front driver switch or the rear door switch.

Driver side power window- Will sometimes roll down (seems like when I first start the car it will roll down and up for a while, but later on will not)

other 2 windows on passenger side work fine

Last edited by tkays; 06-18-03 at 12:00 PM.

Sponsored Links

06-18-03, 01:39 PM   #2  
Check the wires in the door jam when you open it. Peel back the rubber boot and see if the wires are broken. Check both sides.

Visiting Guest

06-18-03, 03:00 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree.

Visiting Guest

06-18-03, 06:02 PM   #4  
darrell McCoy
On the windows: Bear in mind that buick had a lot of window motor problems for about 5 years. Put 3 in same 96 buick in 4 years.

IN

06-18-03, 08:18 PM   #5  
Originally posted by darrell McCoy
On the windows: Bear in mind that buick had a lot of window motor problems for about 5 years. Put 3 in same 96 buick in 4 years.
SSSHHhhh! Don't let my 96 GS hear you! It's starting to
have gremlins in the window motors too!

Christopher

Visiting Guest

06-19-03, 10:15 AM   #6  
tkays
If it is the wires, what is my next step?

Visiting Guest

06-19-03, 12:46 PM   #7  
Joe_F
Using an OEM wiring diagram to guide you, check each affected wire carefully for breaks in the insulation, rubbing, grounding, etc.

Search this Thread