knocking noise

Old 06-19-03, 12:25 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
Smile knocking noise

ok i dont want sent to another site just a opinion plz.thx's in advance,i have a 98 grand prix se and the problem is when i crank it first thing in the morning it makes a loud knocking noise which increases with rpm change but after a few moments of driving it quite;s down considerably "don't think it's a rod " but am i not getting enough oil on top of my valve's because my oil pumps aging or is a valve collapsed>"i duuno" oh and it does'nt burn oil or anything..."thx in advance again"...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-03, 12:43 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have you had the dealer take a look at it? Have the oil pressure measure with a reliable gauge. Get it in writing that there is nothing wrong.

Mileage? Which engine do you have in this vehicle? How often does it see oil changes?

Old 06-19-03, 12:48 PM
jonathan_71730
Visiting Guest
knocking

106,000 miles oil pressure shows to be ok but i need a real gauge on it instead of a dummy gauge i guess wifes gone in the car right now but i know its a v-6 and poss a 3.2 liter >dunno but will check thx's

Old 06-19-03, 03:06 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You need to have the oil pressure checked with a hand held, not dash gauge. Again, Autozone can rent you one. That will tell you if you have possible internal problem.