83 olds 88

Old 06-23-03, 03:59 PM
Doc-mc
Visiting Guest
Post 83 olds 88

Have replaced timming chain, pick up coil, map sensor and rerouted spark plug wires according to the book. Car will not start. What am I missing to get this car started?

Old 06-23-03, 04:10 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do you have fuel and spark?

Old 06-23-03, 04:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What was wrong before you did all this? Did you check the basics, air, fuel, fire? Leave anything disconnected when you did all this work?

Old 06-23-03, 05:16 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with my "The Basics" first.

You're missing something simple. I have the 84 version of this car. A very fine automobile.

Old 06-25-03, 04:57 AM
Doc-mc
Visiting Guest
Fuel and spark

Originally posted by davo
Do you have fuel and spark?
Thank you for this information, rechecked and found a deep bend in the fuel line which was a problem, Also rerouted wiring order.

Old 06-25-03, 05:03 AM
Doc-mc
Visiting Guest
Simple made difficult

Originally posted by Joe_F

You're missing something simple. I have the 84 version of this car. A very fine automobile.
Thank you for your reply. It was true I over looked something like a bend in the fuel line, also I wired the car in the opposite direction. I,m glad to have certified mechanics like yourself to help a person like me get a job like this right.

Old 06-25-03, 05:35 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good for you. Good job. Always the basics first .

Old 06-25-03, 06:10 AM
SimK68
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Joe_F

And you KNOW I have the 81'... I dont even have the "Check Engine" light hook-ups on there,beacuse the light has no outlet to it.

Ive had that ignition modulator go out. Always keep a spare one in the glove box. If no spark,then there you go.

Old 06-25-03, 06:14 AM
SimK68
Visiting Guest
Re: Simple made difficult

Originally posted by Doc-mc
Thank you for your reply. It was true I over looked something like a bend in the fuel line, also I wired the car in the opposite direction. I,m glad to have certified mechanics like yourself to help a person like me get a job like this right.
Me too! Im tring to restore MY Delta 88. I get so many people tring ask me "Do you wanna sell it?" No way! Too much $$ invested in it.

Old 06-25-03, 09:47 AM
Doc-mc
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Simple made difficult

Originally posted by 89blaze
What was wrong before you did all this? Did you check the basics, air, fuel, fire? Leave anything disconnected when you did all this work?
The fuel line had a deep bend in it, also I routed the wiring wrong. rerouted the wiring. Thank you for your reply, Sometimes it pays to recheck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: