Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

transmission problem

Visiting Guest

06-21-03, 08:51 PM   #1  
thexcabby
transmission problem

i have a 1993 pontiac grand am quad 4. auto trans refuses to drop into any forward or reverse gear.fuses are all good, shifting linkage is working.tried unplugging tork senser, no results, tranny fluid is dark brownish red, but not burnt ..is there any thing else i can try before i get out my 30 06 rifle out to lay it to rest?

Sponsored Links

06-21-03, 09:08 PM   #2  
sounds like you can get out your rifle or get another transmission put in it.

Visiting Guest

06-21-03, 09:13 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree, sounds wasted .

Coupling with the fact that the Quad 4 is a loser of an engine (head gasket failures), you might be money ahead pitching this one and putting the green into something better.

06-22-03, 06:35 AM   #4  
Not to argue but alot of quad 4s got headgaskets when the oil vapor separator was clogged,which is a big part of the pcv system on those engines.Or the separator hoses collapsed.On the trans you most likely need a new one because the input clutch or the input sprag clutch are more than likely cooked.

06-23-03, 03:54 PM   #5  
One other thing are the bolts that hold the converter to the flywheel still there?

Search this Thread