Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Nissan Stanza

Visiting Guest

06-22-03, 01:38 PM   #1  
daby
92 Nissan Stanza

Is it hard to replace the thermostate. And how long does it take. The book I have does not cover models after 90. and it does not look the same. thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-22-03, 03:29 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Have a look in autolibrary.org below.

WV

06-23-03, 08:39 PM   #3  
Labor Guide states .8hrs. This said, its a pretty simple repair. AutoLibrary shows the same procedure for the 1990 and 1992 models so your manual should be all you need.
Hope this helps,
Billy

Visiting Guest

06-24-03, 07:25 AM   #4  
daby
Thanks guys the job is all done but I am still overheating . I am boiling the water in the upper hose and out the radiator. and the fans are working so i am still stumped .

WV

06-24-03, 07:57 AM   #5  
Could be water pump or clog somewhere. ie heater core. When you replaced the thermostat, did you make sure there was no air trapped in the system? Be sure your radiator is all the way full and there reserve bottle is to the correct level. Remove the radiator cap with the car cold. Start it and let it reach operating temperature. Look in radiator to see if coolant is circulating. If not one of the other compnents is bad or stopped up. Do you have heat even though you are overheating?
Billy

Visiting Guest

06-24-03, 09:06 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Also, you did put the stat in the right way, correct? Remove the thermostat momentarily, and start it up. If no overheating, you got a defective stat. Go get a dealer one and should be good to go.

Visiting Guest

06-24-03, 05:59 PM   #7  
daby
Ok the stat is in the right way and yes I still have heat and cool air as well as AC my husband thinks it is due to no antifreeze at rthe moment we had to get some only have a little with water. It seems to be hotter in the upper left hose the one that goes in on the side. we are going to drain tonight and fill with antifreeze so hope it wor.; Thanks for the help

Search this Thread