Remove interior door panel on '99 Tercel?

Old 06-23-03, 08:17 AM
Remove interior door panel on '99 Tercel?

Was parked in a store parking lot and someone backed into my rear passenger side door. We just got the car out of the body shop a week ago, after someone else took out the whole passenger side fender and signal light assembly in another mall parking lot....
Anyway, I used my bathroom plunger to pop the main part out and can now open the back door. I would like to remove the inside door panel and try to "pop out" other smaller dents with my rubber mallet.
Could someone give me a quick run through on the procedure for removing the interior rear door panel on a 1999 Toyota Tercel CE?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-03, 12:28 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
No luck. LOL. Remove all the obvious screws from the door panel and using a flat tool, such as those at the auto parts stores, pop the panel out from the door. Use your hand to guide as you wedge the tool in there.

Go slow and easy so you don't yank and break any fasteners. Some door panels hook over the top too. Kinda a touch/feel type thing.

Old 06-25-03, 04:30 AM
Thanks for replying Joe_F. I had started taking off the panel from the bottom, the plastic fasteners popped out just fine, for the bottom 1/2, but then the panel seemed to be almost glued or something, so I gave up at that point and thought I'd wait for some specific instructions.
I also don't know how to remove the "window winding handle". Looks like that might require some special tool...
Won't be able to work on it until the weekend as I work locally until 11 PM, and my wife leaves for work at 7:00 AM with the car.
Hopefully by the weekend I'll have a full set of instructions.

Old 06-25-03, 05:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It does require a special tool. An auto parts store has it. About 7 bucks.

Search this Thread