l988 Izuzu I Mark Vacumn/Charcoal Filter problem

Old 06-30-03, 06:07 AM
Minnesota
Visiting Guest
l988 Izuzu I Mark Vacumn/Charcoal Filter problem

Thanks for the responses to my problem. To answer the question as to what is coming out fumes or gasoline. I have gasoline coming out of the line that comes off the bottom of the Charcoal Filter cannister on the firewall. The line that it is coming out of seems to terminate in a small hole in the car frame. There is a small hole in the hose immediately beneath the cannister, I assume that is some kind of vent as it seems to be an original hole not one worn in. From your responses I assume it is a saturated filter as the gas is coming out of the bottom. Anyone know a best source for parts for this Izuzu? There are a couple other small inline filters (I think). Are they standard kind of filters or are they special items?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-03, 08:27 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Any auto parts store, although some might be dealer items. Yes, Chevrolet marketed a version of this called the Spectrum, so you can try both GM and Isuzu dealers for parts.

You should get the vacuum hose diagram/routing from the shop manual to guide you or you will be guessing. Use the underhood sticker as a guide too.