Reply,Reply New Truck

Old 07-03-03, 01:55 PM
bowlingpro250
Visiting Guest
Reply,Reply New Truck

Ok I have to start a new question again!!! Ok I went down to a local dealer( less than a block a way) because I saw a 77-9 chevy for like $2000.But it wasent their but they had a 81 F250 camper special with the 508 v8,at,pb,ps, newer radio,with like 57,000 miles( not sure if it roled over ) 2 bateries, newer looking ruber, some rust on the bumper and of course the bed but it looks like it clean surface rust.They just got it yesterday so it was abit dirty.It had some wholes in the drivers door and one over the speaker. he is asking 2195 for it but I told him that I can't go no highter than 1500 and he said we might be able to do that.Iam thinking about doing the carfax thing if I can with that year.And if I do decide to get it I will get it checked up. So have you heard any problems with this model/year of truck? Thank you again Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-03, 03:32 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds a little high to me and it's putting you at the end of your rope.

Dude, don't jump on the first truck you see. Shop around, come back, and think . Save some money FIRST, as the truck will cost you to operate.

The truck sounds like it's pretty rough for 1500-2000 bucks. Better can be had for that price. 1981 Fords, no different than any other year of that era. 1980 was a new body style for those trucks. The 302 is pretty solid, the carburetion of these Ford trucks is piss poor.

Save up some more green and either get a newer one with fuel injection (much better) or an older pre 1981 version in better shape.

Old 07-03-03, 06:24 PM
Even down here in the south, Ford pick-up have a tendency to rust pretty bad over the rear wheel wells, and in the bed... those front corners hold water pretty good. Radius Arm bushings are another weak point on those things..(I own a '77 F150 myself..)
Look it over REAL good for rust...