Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1991 buick

Visiting Guest

07-04-03, 08:15 PM   #1  
rich123
1991 buick

i have a 91 buick century 6 cyl. engine 3300 and i have replaced the thermastat that was causing the engine to overheat...to do this i had to take off the throttle assembly to get at the sensor...now, i have it all together and it won't start...it will backfire, but it won't start...was there something i should have done to the throttle body when i replaced it...it was never taken off the manifold and i have triple checked that everything i had removed was returned to its proper spot...the one thing i had done was to spray the engine with water to clean it up with the throttle body removed, but i watched that nothing should have entered the manifold...i am at a loss as i think this should work...it all worked fine, till i took it apart...anyway, looking for suggestions...the throttle body was just backed off to the end of the screws that hold it in place...it really was not off the engine

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-05-03, 03:55 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Do you have spark and fuel? What happened when you tried to shoot something flammable into the throttle body and crank it? Did it attempt to run?

Visiting Guest

07-05-03, 04:59 AM   #3  
rich123
91 buick

i have spark and i have not squirted anything into the throttle body...i will try that when i return from vacation...thanks for the help so far...hopefully i will get a solution for this problem, as i keep looking over what i have done and it just seems like this should be a working auto....

Visiting Guest

07-06-03, 12:15 PM   #4  
rich123
91 buick

got back from the family reunion and ready to go for a vacation for the next week or so to delaware...went to the car and it started right up...i guess what happened was that i did get some water in that manifold and that got my plugs wet and all i had to do was wait for the dry out...it is working fine and for those who tried to help, thanks a lot for the time...perhaps some day i can help you out....thanks again

Search this Thread