new tires need alignment?

Old 07-05-03, 06:49 PM
new tires need alignment?

My son has a 1999 Toyota Corolla he just had new tires installed now he says that the car pulls to the right.
Car did not pull before new tires what do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-03, 07:24 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Check the tire sizes. Strangely enough I have seen tires installed, 3- the right size and 1 the wrong size. example, 3--215's and 1-205. It happens. Then try front to back rotation and see if the problem is still there. Possible you have a bad tire. Did the old tires wear evenly?

Old 07-05-03, 07:28 PM
Quick
Visiting Guest
If both front tires were replaced (with the same brand and type of tire hopefully), the first thing to check would be tire air pressure. If both tires have the correct air pressure and it still pulls to one side, you're probably right. A front-end alignment may be needed.

There are a couple of out of the ordinary things that could have occurred like different sized tires causing the tire to rub on something; different tread patterns; one tire larger than the other (anyone can make a mistake), etc. But commonly, if the air pressure is right, the next step is probably an alignment.

Old 07-05-03, 07:42 PM
Will check

I will check the size when he gets home I have not seen the new tires his grandpaw and him went out and bought them while I was on vacation.All 4 tires are new BFG the old tires wear pattren was good except for being underinflated.I have told him how to check pressure.
Thanks I never thought that they might have installed one oddball size but I will check it out and also the pressure.

Old 07-05-03, 10:54 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Agree with all.

Old 07-06-03, 04:57 AM
Try swapping the front tires from side to side. If the pull of the car changes with the tire swap, you have a bad tire..(assuming there is proper air pressure in both, and their the same size) I've seen this many times over the years..Reguardless, I'd take it back to the shop..If it didn't pull before putting them on, and it doesn't now, I'd ask for another pair...

Old 07-06-03, 08:44 AM
fixed

Went out and checked items size was good pressure was not.
I found front left tire 35 PSI and right front tire 27 PSI I inflated it to 35 PSI and test drove no pulling.Thanks guys for the great tips This fourm is great.
Michael

Old 07-06-03, 08:59 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Glad that is was a easy fix.