Engine interference on DVD system

Old 07-06-03, 05:06 PM
StevieDATC
Visiting Guest
Engine interference on DVD system

Hi,
We recently installed a drop down DVD system into our 2001 Mazda MPV, and when the car is running there are interference lines on the screen, also when the gas peddle in pressed there is a whistling sound the increases as the car increases. When the engine is off, there is no interference at all. The installer said that it is a Mazda electrical problem, Mazda said it is a DVD system wiring problem. Who is right and how do we fix it?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-03, 05:08 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Either. The DVD may have been installed wrong and it could have unknown installation problems with the Mazda's electrical system.

A guy I work with was considering a DVD player for his Sequoia, I told him to go with a dealer authorized accessory---in this fashion there is no finger pointing like you are seeing.

Old 07-07-03, 04:14 PM
Sounds to me like it needs a noise suppressor wired in the charging system circuit.In other words ac discharge on 12 volt dc circuits.That's my guess but it's not Mazda's baby they didn't build or offer that dvd player to be compatibile with that vehicle,so you are on your own in that respect.The shop that did the install should at the very least add a suppression device and maybe replace the player in case it's bad.If they can't do that have them remove it and ask Mazda whom could do a clean install they would back up.