Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Glove box removal on 1995 k1500 pickup

Visiting Guest

07-08-03, 04:25 PM   #1  
ACE Chevy
Glove box removal on 1995 k1500 pickup

My blower motor stopped working on my 1995 chevy k1500 pickup and the fuses check out ok. I want to remove the glove box and check the blower motor and registor. The glove box has no screws I can see and the factory service manual says remove but doesn't tell how. I am afraid to start pulling and prying because the whole thing is plastic. Has anyone out there taken one of these apart that can give me any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

07-08-03, 05:19 PM   #2  
It's been a while since I've done one, but seems to me, that you can access the leads to the blower motor by looking up under the dash on the passanger's side..And it sounds about right that you'd have to lossen a WHOLE lot of screws to pull the dash back do do any kind of serious work on the air box (hold heater core, evap vore, vents ect..)

Visiting Guest

07-09-03, 03:59 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Sometimes the glovebox is just screwed into the dash carrier, or it might have a lip on it that hits the carrier when it's open so it doesn't flap down .

Have a look at the same manual under the index of "Glove Box removal" (It might be in the body manual though).

Either way, you may have to GENTLY push the glovebox out of the carrier so it clears.

Search this Thread