Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Minor rattle problem

07-09-03, 10:43 PM   #1  
Minor rattle problem

I'm open fpr suggestsions. I have a 1999 Chev. Silverado Z-71 with the small V-8 (I think 4.8 or something) 3dr EXT. My back seat has a rattled from the top slide down style bracket. Very simple and practicle design. I have tried to tighten the bracket, increase the amount of rubber bumper between the bracket, and tried to use rubber hose to my advantage. I realize that this is a minor problem in the broken vehicle world, it just annoys me to no end. If any one has an answer other than removing the back seat perminently (has been done for a while), I would apprciate your in put.

Thanks,

John

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-10-03, 03:03 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Does the seat adjust or fold down? If so, try different positions.

Look in Alldata.com for any bulletins that pertain to the problem.

VA

07-10-03, 04:26 AM   #3  
Hi John,
My '98 Z71 had a couple minor rattles earlier this year.
Well, I needed two new front tires, and surely needed a wheel alignment(70,000 miles).

Voila!! All my vibrations and lil rattles went away. If you have any vibration at various speeds, misalignment and/or unbalanced tires could cause some rattles.
fred

07-10-03, 05:47 AM   #4  
Thanks for the quick replies.

No alignment problems and tires have recently been balanced.

The bottom folds up and the sound is not coming from that area. I can also hear this noise when some one shifts their weight while we are still.

john

Visiting Guest

07-10-03, 02:34 PM   #5  
darrell McCoy
John: These small rattles and squeaks are a PITA to find. Loosen mounting bolts, then see if squeak or rattle is still there when you retighten only one mount at a time. A trial and error I know but sometimes thats the only way. Could it be plastic to plastic someplace. Had to re-align one on a s-10 a few years ago, plaastic was causing the noise.

07-11-03, 09:08 AM   #6  
I think that the problem has been licked. Evidently when I have raised my seat for storage the little home made bushings have shifted out of place. I'll just not raise my seat and live in peace.

Thanks for the responses,

John

Visiting Guest

07-11-03, 09:19 AM   #7  
Joe_F
Good for you .

Search this Thread