1992 ford ranger 3.0 5 speed ac

Old 07-10-03, 07:38 PM
1992 ford ranger 3.0 5 speed ac

engine was slow to turn when cranking like the battery was going out. then it would turn over slow and not enough to start engine. thought battery was gone, hooked charger would not turn fast enough. hooked jumper from another battery, still not able to turn enough same as weak battery. took battery out of another vehicle that was running fine still no luck. what am i over looking.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-03, 08:14 PM
Visiting Guest
well i guess it's not the battery!

i fixed a jeep with the same problem, i took jumper cables and ran them from battery positive to starter positive and from battery negative to the block, it's an easy way to eliminate the high resistance battery cables, if it's still not working, it can only be a binding up starter(or engine!)

have you tried a system "voltage drop" test, it's a little long winded to explain but will narrow your problem down instantly to the culprit everytime.

ps. did you see my reply to you yesterday, about the jeep heater box a/c drain, there's a bulletin to drill out the bottom of the drain from inside the car and poke inside of it to clear it out.

Old 07-11-03, 06:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good chance you have pitted or weak cables. As Mike stated.

Old 07-11-03, 08:56 AM
ranger/jeep

tks for the info i will go in to see reply on drain.

Old 07-11-03, 09:04 AM
jeep drain

i did not get or find the reply on drain?

Old 07-11-03, 11:10 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Mike and BeJay quoted a specific TSB that had the procedure which included drilling a hole to drain the system.

Search this Thread