electronic fuel pump relay

Old 07-11-03, 09:48 AM
dehurt
Visiting Guest
Question electronic fuel pump relay

can any one tell me where the electronic fuel pump relay goes in a 1990 dodge caravan 2.5 engine no turbo.4 cyl. it does not go with the others on the side of the motor that i know it dont fit. thank you. help!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-03, 11:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
As far as I recall, it's part of the ASD (Auto Shut Down Relay) function which is by the left strut tower.

What is the actual problem?

Old 07-11-03, 11:11 AM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Automatic Shutdown Relay (2.5L/4-153): RH Rear OF Engine Compartment

Old 07-11-03, 10:26 PM
Visiting Guest
it should be near the battery along with about 4 other relays, i think both the asd and fuel pump relay controls the pump

what are you trying to fix

Old 07-16-03, 10:48 PM
dehurt
Visiting Guest
Question my caravan

Originally posted by mike in nj
it should be near the battery along with about 4 other relays, i think both the asd and fuel pump relay controls the pump

what are you trying to fix
we have replaced the fuel filter it ran we replaced the fuel pump it dont run no more. we had a machnic check the pump and its correct and it has power, but the engine wont turn over. we replaced the fuel pressure reg. and the auto shut down but nothing. we add gas to the throttle it starts then dies. if we pump the gas it stays on. could it be the fuel injector??? i can not afford a mechnic i tried they want 100.00 just to give me a bid. help me please!!!!!

Old 07-17-03, 06:00 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with my "the Basics" post and what's in my signature file.

You have to start with square one, verifying you have the correct fuel pressure, spark, and air as well as correct timing.

Tell us what you find and we'll go from there. Don't replace parts unnecessarily, you'll spend more that this thing could ever be worth.