Removing Bumper Stickers

Old 07-14-03, 06:36 PM
bizebri
Visiting Guest
Removing Bumper Stickers

I just bought a truck a few months ago and it had bumper stickers burned on it to the vehicle not the bumper. I tried rubbing alcohol, though it is the sticker, they are just so old they are burned brown on the truck and do not know how to remove them. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-03, 06:55 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
try keeping them soaked with WD-40, maybe a little heat from hairdryer. Might check with body shop and see what they suggest. Dont be shocked if the paint underneath is a different color.

Old 07-14-03, 06:58 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
You can use 3M Adhesive Remover and a plastic body filler applicator. Follow the directions on the can and use the bondo spreader as a scraper.

Autobody supply stores sell Adhesive Remover.

If for some reason you can't find Adhesive remover, you may have some success with a product called "Goo-Gone". It's available at hardware stores & supermarkets. Use it in the same manner as adhesive remover.

Old 07-14-03, 07:58 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with both.

After you're done, you may need to buff/polish the area as it will be plainly visible where the stickers were due to paint fading over the years.

Old 07-14-03, 08:51 PM
BelairBoy
Visiting Guest
use a hair dryer on low heat for a minute or two, and it should peel right off. Let us know what works good luck.

Old 07-15-03, 09:21 PM
Try a pressure washer; the other day, I tried to remove large stickers on some plastic furniture that were on there for years. I tried alcohol, Goof-off, the hairdryer, you name it, without success.
Then I washed the furniture with a pressure washer to get the dirt off, and it also blew the stickers right off.

Old 07-19-03, 07:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If the glue is still there after the stickers are removed, try rubbing peanut butter on the sticky area. It sounds wierd but it does work for that and road tar stuck to a vehicle.