Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

car milege

Visiting Guest

07-14-03, 10:17 PM   #1  
krackaddikt
car milege

how do u disable the milege meter so it doesn't show any miles being put on there?

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

07-14-03, 11:01 PM   #2  
there are sooo many easy ways to do it, i just can't remember any right now, sorry

note: the mileage on most cars now is stored in the computer, which is separate from the odometer (mileage meter)and we check most trade ins we get, that is also a federal crime if you get caught 'tampering'

Visiting Guest

07-15-03, 03:09 AM   #3  
Joe_F
You don't. Because it's illegal and as Mike said in violation of Federal Law.

The only reason this is done is to hide the true mileage of the vehicle and defraud someone.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

07-19-03, 07:33 AM   #4  
I'm not recomending that you do this, but once a speedometer cable is broken or disconnected, mileage will not show up on the odometer. This happened on a '87 truck I had in the past didn't record mileage because the speedo cable was broken.

Visiting Guest

07-19-03, 09:48 AM   #5  
Quick
Originally posted by krackaddikt
<< how do u disable the milege meter so it doesn't show any miles being put on there? >>

Easy... Take the key out of the ignition. (-;

Visiting Guest

07-19-03, 01:02 PM   #6  
1_4_U
Take your car to the local police garage ,maybe they can show you how it's done.

Visiting Guest

07-19-03, 03:14 PM   #7  
Joe_F
Lol. That's a good one .

Better yet: Drive in reverse as hard as you can into a wall. Then call the junkyard. Problem solved. No need to worry about mileage . LOL (at this point it would be a piece of looseleaf)

Search this Thread