Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'99 GMC Jimmy Radiator Drain Plug

Visiting Guest

07-17-03, 07:59 PM   #1  
gematta
'99 GMC Jimmy Radiator Drain Plug

Maybe someone can help me here. I have a 1999 GMC Jimmy, and I was planning to replace the coolant. I checked the manual and it said the drain plug was at the passenger side. OK, I found it but there's a problem. There is no wing nut to twist. Hard to explain but there is a plastic thing that sticks out, hallow in the middle and has two side like there suppose to be a special key or big screw driver to open this. I checked tha manual and Chilton service book and there's no mention of it. Since it's plastic I don't want to damage it or make a simple task a nightmare.

I hope some one knows what I'm talking about. I never got a chance to go to the local parts store and ask about it (working too many hours) so I can get to it this Sunday.
Thank You in advance.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-18-03, 01:13 AM   #2  
fatcatdj
Welcome to autos post era 1999. Yes that plastic thingy needs a key socket
located at your friendly over-priced GM delaership or NAPA auto parts(if in stock). I've had the same nice plastic google on my past 2 GM vehicles.
Irritating isn't it? But there's a reason for the madness---THEY (all of them)
don't want you to tinker with your car. My parents have a 03 Lexus----
the plastic cowls cover almost everything inside the engine compartment.

Search this Thread