Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Installing a radio in a 97 Hyundai Accent

Visiting Guest

07-18-03, 08:15 AM   #1  
Negoshe8n
Installing a radio in a 97 Hyundai Accent

I know the trim piece pops off, but all the A/C controls are connected to so I can't pull it out. How do I get it out? I checked the link for Hyundai's. It just says remove console. Not very helpful.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-18-03, 08:26 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Because you likely have to remove the console . Did you check the HMA service link that's there? How about autolibrary?

Visiting Guest

07-18-03, 08:46 AM   #3  
Negoshe8n
The Hyundia site shows the trim piece as coming out and it says to disconnect the wiring. I can't get it out but about an inch. I can see all the levers for the vents are holding the trim piece in. If the AC controls came off the trim piece it would be fine. The trim piece is fitted into the dash like say a taurus. It just pops right out, but all the controls are attached from behind it. I pulled the AC knobs off, nothing. Anyone worked on these?

Visiting Guest

07-18-03, 09:03 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Hit your local Hyundai dealer or go on Hyundai's website.

There, they should have an online parts book where you can see how it's put together. That should clue you in on how it might come apart.

Another option to contact Crutchfield.com

They usually have good technical help and installation information.

Visiting Guest

07-18-03, 11:33 AM   #5  
Negoshe8n
Got it. Went on yahoo groups and did a search. 2 cables under the driverside and one behind the glove box have to be unhooked before the assy can be pulled out!

07-18-03, 07:42 PM   #6  
Just Kidding!

"When installing an after maket radio in a Hyundia, do not exceed the gross passenger capacity, as this will effect the overall pulling capabilities of the car......."

Seriously, glad you got it figured out!!

Search this Thread