Installing a radio in a 97 Hyundai Accent

Old 07-18-03, 08:15 AM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
Installing a radio in a 97 Hyundai Accent

I know the trim piece pops off, but all the A/C controls are connected to so I can't pull it out. How do I get it out? I checked the link for Hyundai's. It just says remove console. Not very helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-03, 08:26 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Because you likely have to remove the console . Did you check the HMA service link that's there? How about autolibrary?

Old 07-18-03, 08:46 AM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
The Hyundia site shows the trim piece as coming out and it says to disconnect the wiring. I can't get it out but about an inch. I can see all the levers for the vents are holding the trim piece in. If the AC controls came off the trim piece it would be fine. The trim piece is fitted into the dash like say a taurus. It just pops right out, but all the controls are attached from behind it. I pulled the AC knobs off, nothing. Anyone worked on these?

Old 07-18-03, 09:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Hit your local Hyundai dealer or go on Hyundai's website.

There, they should have an online parts book where you can see how it's put together. That should clue you in on how it might come apart.

Another option to contact Crutchfield.com

They usually have good technical help and installation information.

Old 07-18-03, 11:33 AM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
Got it. Went on yahoo groups and did a search. 2 cables under the driverside and one behind the glove box have to be unhooked before the assy can be pulled out!

Old 07-18-03, 07:42 PM
Just Kidding!

"When installing an after maket radio in a Hyundia, do not exceed the gross passenger capacity, as this will effect the overall pulling capabilities of the car......."

Seriously, glad you got it figured out!!