wiring on s10 blazer 1984

Old 07-18-03, 10:41 AM
benbyit
Visiting Guest
wiring on s10 blazer 1984

on my 1984 blazer w/2.8 v6 the black plug w/two wires that goes from my coil to the distributor has been cut off. i can't figure out which wire goes to which side of this plug, and have been told it makes a difference. i have a replacement plug for it but the wires are a different color and i don't want to damage the module in the distributor. i purchased a book on this model and it doesn't show that part of the harness, so please don't tell me to buy a book, and yes i can read a schematic. i don't mean to be sarcastic but someone on here's favorite answer to everything is buy a book. well, sometimes that doesn't help and this is one of those times. thanks for any help you can give, benbyit
ps if anyone has a schematic of that part of the harness i would appreciate it if you could email it to me. thanks again

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-03, 11:13 AM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Does your truck have an HEI igntion system, or does it use the small cap with a separate coil?

My manual shows both were available in 1984.

By the way, the GM Factory Service Manual for your truck absolutely shows the diagram you need. As does the Chilton "Total Care" manual.

Old 07-18-03, 11:16 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Duplicate post? I answered the other one.

And yes, a service manual (a GOOD one) is a requirement, not a niciety when working on a vehicle.