Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

88 Dodge Dynasty Elec. Windows

Visiting Guest

07-21-03, 08:29 PM   #1  
JRMattos
88 Dodge Dynasty Elec. Windows

My front right window just stopped working. It does't go up or down, ad doesn't make any noise when the window switch is pushed. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Jeff

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

07-21-03, 10:11 PM   #2  
bang on the door panel (inside)very hard with your palm, usually in the front/center area, and at the same time try to actuate it with a switch, if the motor has a dead spot this will usually jar it loose, then you know what needs to be replaced.

if not, time to take out the door panel and check for voltage and ground at the motor connector, if either is missing, it won't work, i hate these door panels, so many hidden screws(one behind the light cover too)

maybe try jiggling the wires that are in 'both' front door jambs(right and left doors) while holding the switch up or down, either side can break from the constant motion of the door opening and closing

Visiting Guest

07-22-03, 03:38 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Correct. Can also power up the motor with external leads to see if it works. If it does, wiring/switch issue.

Visiting Guest

07-22-03, 01:23 PM   #4  
JRMattos
Thanks

I will give it a try, and let you know if your suggestions worked for me or not.
Thanks a lot!
~~Jeff

Search this Thread