Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Plastic Bumper

OH

07-26-03, 05:31 PM   #1  
Plastic Bumper

Wife managed to tap a post with the rear bumper of her 1997 Dodge Intrepid. The plastic isnt torn and can probably be pushed back into some reasonable shape,( I have worked with the two part plastic repair epoxy on the FRONT bumper) but I would like to remove this bumper to work on it. Where do I start?

Sponsored Links

WV

07-27-03, 06:27 AM   #2  
I have copied the instructions and there is a picture at the following link. You have to input some info and click a few pages but its pretty easy to ge to.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Go here and type in your search criteria and look for the pictures and instructrions

1.Release the trunk latch and open the trunk.
2.Remove the wheelhouse splash shields as necessary to gain access to the bumper fascia retainers.
3.Remove the screws holding the bumper fascia to the bottom of the quarter panel.
4.Remove the screws holding the trunk lid lining to the lower deck panel.
5.Separate the trunk lid lining from the lower deck panel.
6.Remove the nuts holding the bumper fascia to the rear edge of the quarter panel.
7.If equipped, unplug the wire connector from the body harness.
8.Remove the push-in fasteners holding the bumper fascia to the lower deck panel.
9.Separate the bumper fascia from the vehicle.

To install:

10.Place the bumper fascia into position on the vehicle.
11.Install the push-in fasteners holding the bumper fascia to the lower deck panel.
12.If equipped, plug the wire connector to the body harness.
13.Install the nuts holding the bumper fascia to the rear edge of the quarter panel.
14.Position the trunk lid lining to the lower deck panel and install the retaining screws.
15.Install the screws holding the bumper fascia to the bottom of the quarter panel.
16.Install the wheelhouse splash shields.

Visiting Guest

07-27-03, 07:54 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Make sure the bumper bar underneath isn't damaged. If it is, it's more than a cosmetic repair...

OH

07-28-03, 11:24 AM   #4  
Bumper

Thank you, guys!

Search this Thread