64 corvair monza

Old 07-30-03, 09:06 AM
mike the canuck
Visiting Guest
Talking 64 corvair monza

hello,
I have a 1964 corvair monza that has been sitting for about a year...i have needed to focus on home renovations for some time and now have time (yeah right!) to devote to the corvair...my questions are as follows:
1) the car runs very well but sounds as if the muffler has been taken off...im wondering it is possible that the exaust system has come away from the engine and if so does anyone know where i may be able to find some information on repair or parts suppliers
2) the calipers(front) seem to have siezed over the course of it sitting...can i rebuild these or do they need to be replaced...

thanks in advance to all who respond..

Old 07-30-03, 09:11 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

The calipers should be available rebuilt, if not, your originals can be sent out to be rebuilt. Any parts store can send them to their caliper supplier to have them done.

As for parts for these, go to www.google.com and type in "Corvair Parts". See what turns up. Also check Ebay, Hemmings and swap meets. Some of the regular mechanical stuff should be available through a parts store.

While this car was hugely criticized by many, it has a decent parts following including many clubs. I used to see these two guys in my neighborhood with shirts, "Nader was wrong". LOL . One thing you might want to invest in is a set of 60-69 Corvair parts microfiche from GM. It's about $10 and you can usually get it through Bell and Howell 330-264-6666.

Catalog #15 covers the Corvair.

Old 07-30-03, 07:16 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Try clark's corvair parts at www.corvair.com.

I love these cars. An old friend of mine has a MINT '67 with 67K original miles. I've been trying to wrestle it away from him for years.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: