Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Hyundai Elantra headrest - rear

Visiting Guest

07-28-03, 12:57 PM   #1  
mgeubtn
Hyundai Elantra headrest - rear

I have a head rest in the rear seat and it is bent slightly backwards. A prior owner must of slammed the rear seatback forward and it bent against the back of the front seat. How do I straighten this?

The head rest will not go up or down. It has a little lever on the base of the head rest that is supposed to be pushed in but I think the bend in the stems of the headrest are too severe. I tried pulling the headrest forward to straighten it up( from the back seat) with all my strength and it won't budge.
Any ideas on how fix this?

I look at hmaservice.co and it tells me how to take the seat back out of the car, but doesn't go into dismantling the seat. (2001 gt- leather seats)

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-28-03, 01:48 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Usually they pull straight out past the locking stop and it will be sitting in your hand. Takes a good pull .

Replace the headrest----it is a safety item. A bent one could snap your neck in an accident if it's not properly set or is defective.

Search this Thread