1993 villager keyless entry

Old 08-02-03, 06:35 AM
benbyit
Visiting Guest
1993 villager keyless entry

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 1993 MERCURY VILLAGER W/KEYLESS ENTRY. THERE WERE NO MAINTENANCE OR OPERATOR MANUELS WITH THE VEHICLE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RESET THE KEYLESS ENTRY? LOCAL FORD DEALER SAID I HAVE TO FIND THE MODULE THAT CONTROLS THIS AND IT WILL HAVE A TAPE WITH THE ORIGINAL FACTORY SETTING ON IT BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!, AND THEY WEREN'T SURE EXACTLY WHERE IT IS. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU, BENBYIT

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-03, 07:20 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
I'd look for another dealer myself. Else obtain an owners manual.

Old 08-02-03, 09:13 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Kill the caps---no need to shout.

The module has the code which will get the transmitter to work with it.

I BELIEVE if you simply order the right transmitter from Ford and get the programming procedure it will "self install" itself by having the module recognize the new transmitter.

Worse case scenario? Spend $25 for an Alldata.com subscription which has the full reprogram procedure.

New owner's manual: Ebay.com or www.helminc.com

Old 08-02-03, 09:03 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
As for Keyless Entry Module location, Alldata says:

Keyless Entry Module : Below center of I/P. mounted on center I/P support brace.

There's a TSB for inoperative keyless entry. It calls for a module replacement. This is not a recall, so it won't be free.

The TSB is a little clearer when it comes to keyless entry module location:

NOTE:
THE KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE IS LOCATED BEHIND THE CENTER CONSOLE, BELOW AND TO THE LEFT OF THE ABS CONTROL MODULE.

The original code should be on a sticker on the module. Find it & try the code. If the code doesn't work a replacement module *may* be needed. Make sure you check fuses & other basics before you buy any parts.

As Joe_F suggested, a factory service manual is essential if you plan on working on your own car.