1995 Plymouth Voyager

Old 08-02-03, 04:18 PM
1995 Plymouth Voyager

Yes I have a 95 Plymouth Voyager with a 3.0 A/T with 93,000 on it. The problem is when you have A/C on and you push down on gas to pass or to go up a hill (anytime the rpms get up) the A/C will stop coming out of front vents and switch to coming out of the defroster vent. As soon as you let off gas or rpms drop the air will just come back to main vents. The air works fine except for this and it dont seem to affect the air in anyway except which vent it comes out of. I would just like to know what it could be and should I go get it check and fixed now or should just leave it. I just don't want to lose air all of sudden, since wife and kids is who rides around in it. Thanks Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-03, 04:29 PM
Group Moderator
Sounds like a possible vacuum problem. Not sure if the ac controls are vacuum operated on that vehicle or not, but that's what it sounds like.

Old 08-02-03, 04:40 PM
Group Moderator
Chcked the autolibrary and the climate control does use vacuum.
Check this link:

http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%...delLookup.html

And look up "climate control head". One of the Chrysler experts should be along to give you more specific info.

Old 08-02-03, 09:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is a vacuum check valve in the thin vacuum line that goes into the firewall. It looks like a black disk, possibly half black, and half white. If this goes bad, the problem you are experiencing will occurr.

Old 08-02-03, 11:39 PM
Visiting Guest
cheese beat me to it, but i was at a concert though tonight.

your system should be all vaccum controlled, if it has the pushbuttons for face, floor, bi-lev, and defrost.

engine vacuum is highest at idle and gets proportionally less the further you push the gas pedal down---to zero vacuum when it's pushed all the way down.

if the vacuum leaks out 'anywhere', your system defaults to defrost, a clear windshield is more important than chilled feet.

anything can leak, the checkvalve, a vac line under hood, a vac line under dash, any of the vacuum actuators or even the control head.

if you want to fix it or just narrow it down let me know

Old 08-03-03, 04:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Agree with all. A good vacuum diagram of the system will help you narrow it down and know where everything is.