Park Avenue doesn't run well

Old 08-03-03, 09:21 AM
smims
Visiting Guest
Question Park Avenue doesn't run well

I admit I don't know much about auto repair. Here's my problem. I have a 94' Buick Park Avenue. After driving for a few miles then parking to do some shopping, the car sometimes won't start. It will turn over fine. It seems that after waiting about 15 minutes it decides to start. My guess is there is a sensor causing this to happen. Along with this symptom, sometimes while driving the engine will just stop. This doesn't happen as often as the problem with not starting. And sometime while driving the car feels sluggish as well. I recently changed the fuel filter and checked out the injectors. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I've taken it to a mechanic and he couldn't isolate the problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-03, 09:25 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It really has to occur for the shop to figure it out...they will need to determine if it's fuel or spark related.

Next time it happens, yank off a spark plug wire, hold it to a ground, and crank it over. See if you have spark.

Old 08-05-03, 12:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Doubt if it is at all related, but is there a switch on the starter that won't let it work when engine is warm? I had an '89 Jetta with that problem. Easy fix was to put a wire into starter wires and touch the other end to the positive battery terminal with the key in the on position.