electric window watch out when they get old

Old 08-04-03, 01:32 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
electric window watch out when they get old

have a 1991 dodge monaco 3 out of the 4 windows are broke. The funny thing is the drivers window is the only one that works and it was used the most. One is down about 2 inches and is at a slant I just live with this one even in the winter. The second one will not go down. the third one seems to work about once a month when you press the button. If I was buying a new car I would not buy power window put for me it is too late.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-03, 02:13 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Huxley:
Can a guy even buy a decent car anymore without elec windows? Myself I dont think the motors are of same quality they were years ago.
Had a buick, 2 window motors replaced under warranty, guy that bought it just had another replaced. Not a bad deal if you can DIY, but shop figures on these are pretty steep. I am thinking OEM parts and labor about 3 bills per. Guy almost needs 2 jobs sometimes, one for everyday expenses and one for the car upkeep.

Old 08-04-03, 03:56 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
May not be a motor, could be a wiring or switch problem.

On something like this, an A-1 Cardone remanufactured motor is good enough. It will probably outlast the vehicle....

Unfortunately, these were very bottom barrel vehicles of lackluster quality.

My coworker bought one for virtually half price in 1992 because the dealer was trying to unload them and replace them with the 1993 LH body cars.