Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

91 Camry Suddenly Disengaged

Visiting Guest

08-06-03, 12:54 PM   #1  
qfang1234
91 Camry Suddenly Disengaged

I have a 91 Toyota Camry 4 cyl. with 120,00 miles on it. it has an automatic transmission. Recently, while driving on highway, or at traffic stops, it, sometimes, just disengages the transmission. Even I push the accelerator paddle, the car does not move although the rpm of the engine goes up significantly. I have brought the car to a Toyota dealership. After charging me $100.0, the mechanic could not figured out what was wrong. This is not happening all the time, and not at the time when I had the car checked. I need addvices and suggestions on the possible causes. Is it really the transmission going? It has just been flushed and refilled with new fluid.

Thank you for your help.

Qui

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-06-03, 01:03 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Sounds like a slipping transmission, yes.

I'd have it checked out by a competent Toyota dealership or a good tranny shop.

Visiting Guest

08-06-03, 01:43 PM   #3  
qfang1234
Thanks Joe for your quick reply. Would the computer store some type of error code after this happened?

Thanks.

Qui

Visiting Guest

08-07-03, 05:53 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You can follow the link at www.batauto.com and see if you can pull any trouble codes.

Again, sounds like internal failure of the tranny. Have a good tranny shop check it out.

Search this Thread