fuel pump reset?

Old 08-06-03, 07:46 PM
domino
Visiting Guest
Angry fuel pump reset?

Where is the Fuel pump reset switch on an 89 Plymouth Voyager? 2.5 litre turbo engine, auto trans.

Old 08-06-03, 09:05 PM
Visiting Guest
it's on the ford parked next to it, it the ford's hatch area, under the carpet.

plymouth never had one--ever.

what's it not doing?

Old 08-07-03, 05:01 AM
domino
Visiting Guest
It wont start, I have electrical power so it's not the battery, It's cranking so I don't think it's the starter. It just wont turn over. Seems like it's not getting any fuel. (yes there's gas in it) Could it be the fuel pump and if so is this something I can fix myself with limited mecanical ability (took grade 9 auto in high school so I know where the engine is.) Thanx. P.s. it was parked beside a Pontiac, not a Ford.

Old 08-07-03, 05:49 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If it were parked next to the Pontiac, it would get good vibes and run .

Original poster: Start with my "The Basics" post and "Read here before posting" at the top of the forum page.

Tell us what you find and provide the needed details. You're lacking spark or fuel, you need to tell us which.

Old 08-07-03, 07:07 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mike in nj
it's on the ford parked next to it, it the ford's hatch area, under the carpet.

plymouth never had one--ever.

what's it not doing?
RFLMAO

Old 08-08-03, 10:03 PM
Visiting Guest
a couple quick things to check

first you said it's cranking but won't turn over, do you mean it's cranking but won't start, an engine that is turning over 'is' cranking in my understanding.

check for spark, pull an easy plug wire(like #2,3, or 4) put a phillips screwdriver in and hold it 1/4 inch(6mm) from a good clean metal spot on the cylinder head, crank the engine---spark or no spark?

pull the big black hose off the throttle body, open the throttle(butterfly), spray something flammable into the intake manifold and see if it runs for a few seconds. yes or no??

this will narrow it down to spark or fuel---post the results and we'll go from here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: