Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Geo Prism A/C Blower Relay

VA

08-09-03, 08:46 AM   #1  
92 Geo Prism A/C Blower Relay

Anybody know where the A/C blower relay is located on a 92 Geo Prism?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-09-03, 09:18 AM   #2  
darrell McCoy
I myself do not. Likely under hood on firewall. Check with dealer parts or parts store and they should be able to tell you by looking at the book.

Visiting Guest

08-09-03, 12:21 PM   #3  
Joe_F
What is the actual problem? A failed blower resistor is more likely than a bad relay on this vehicle.

Since this is a Toyota Corolla in disguise, it should be behind the glovebox.

VA

08-09-03, 05:41 PM   #4  
Thanks for the information. Behind the glovebox indeed. The problem is no A/C, no heat, no blower at all. I took the cover off of the relay and used a screwdriver (I know it's a bad idea) to complete the circuit and the blower kicked up with A/C and everything. With this running I try to adjust speeds and nothing happens - it just runs at one low speed (until I remove the screw driver). I have tested 3 other relays from the junk yard and same result. Does this sound like maybe the switch you use to turn on/adjust heat/AC has gone bad? Any ideas? I took the car to a garage for an estimate and they said it was the relay but it doesn't appear to be true.

08-09-03, 06:38 PM   #5  
That year has problems with the blower sw melting

Larry

Visiting Guest

08-09-03, 07:14 PM   #6  
Joe_F
As Larry indicated.

VA

08-10-03, 11:37 AM   #7  
Thanks for the help Larry and Joe. It was a melted switch. I got one from the junk yard and it works like a charm.
Thanks again,
Brad

Visiting Guest

08-10-03, 02:23 PM   #8  
Joe_F
Good for you.

Once again, Bravo to Larry!

VA

08-13-03, 04:05 PM   #9  
Thanks!!!

Once again, thanks to the folks on the DoItYourself.com forums. I have saved a small fortune being able to get by fixing heat, A/C, Refrigerators, and cars all with the help of these forums. More importantly I have learned a ton, and that is worth its weight in gold. Let's face it, there are plenty of people around that know what you guys know. The diamonds in the rough are the folks that are willing to help out like you do. Thanks to everyone that reads these post looking TO help instead of FOR help (especially the moderators). You guys rock!

Visiting Guest

08-13-03, 04:40 PM   #10  
Joe_F
If I counted money I saved in my 32 years on this earth doing it myself, finding it cheaper, salvaging it rather than pitching it, doing my homework, etc, I could buy a mansion .

The main thing is the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself and did it right .

Good for you.

Search this Thread