auto paint

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-03, 10:33 AM
auto paint

Visit Our Hardware Store for Specials in Appliances and Electronics - Electrical and Lighting - Hand Tools - Hardware and Household Products - Plumbing and Heating and Power Tools! Select from over 100,000 items at Low, Low Community Member Prices!

DoItYourself.com Home Page - Our Moderators - View All Forums

DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Decorate > Painting > auto paint

Go to first unread post Last Thread Next Thread
Author Thread

peterr

auto paint
Hello
I just used those little bottles of touch up paint to dress up a few spots that needed it. Now I have two questions: 1-in order to make them more smooth should I use a mild compound and rub it around lightly or wet sandpaperabout 400grit? ?please don't laugh but would powdered comet do? 2- the car is a 2001 and the spots are inconspicuous that's why I'm doing this.Actually I came into a high slanted driveway the rubbed the front under side of the bumber most of the scrape is on the underside. I have a prevall sprayer but don't know how much I should thin the paint with and what to use. Years ago there was laquer, enamel etc but I can't get much info from auto body guys for obvious business reasons.
The paint is qm1 cloud white on a 2001 Nissan Sentra. If I could find the right material to mix into it I could apply a fine spray instead of those shake and sprays in the car stores. I would even settle for one of those but I don't think they have come out with one for a 2001.
Well if you could help I'd appreciate it.
BTW, if you send me somewhere else like auto is there someway I can copy and paste or get this message to the place you send me so I don't have to hen peck all over again.
Thanx and have a good day,
Pete

P.S. I do not know if I have broken a rule but I wrote this in the paint section and thought they might send me here so I tried control c then control v and it appeared.
I would appreciate the constructive criticism if appropriate as this is a great site and I do not want to abuse it.
Thank you,
Pete

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

08-13-03 01:26 PM

All times are GMT -5 hours. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Last Thread Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:
Please select one: -------------------- Private Messages User Control Panel Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home -------------------- Non-Interactive Forums-- Bloopers & Project Blunders-- Hints, Tips & Tricks-- Recipes-- Safety Awareness & Product AlertsRepair-- Electric Appliances-- Gas Appliances-- Small Appliances-- Automotive-- Trucks, Rv's & Motor-Homes-- Motorcycles, Atv's & Go-Carts-- TV's, Stereo's, VCR's & DVD's Players-- Small Engines-- Boats, Sailing, Pwc's & Navigation-- Mobile Homes-- Bicycles-- Computers-- Voice & Data Communications-- Electrical-- Heating & Cooling-- Electronic Alarms & Security Devices-- Home Security - Locks & Keys-- Pest Control-- Plumbing-- Hardware-- Tools-- Tools - SharpeningBuild-- Architecture & Codes-- Attics-- Basements-- Baths-- Bricks, Masonry & Concrete-- Decks, Patios & Porches-- Doors & Windows-- Energy & Weatherstripping-- Fasteners-- Fireplaces-- Garages-- Greenhouses & Sunrooms-- Home Plans-- Insulation-- Kitchens-- Lumber & Paneling-- Patching & Plastering-- Planning Your New Home-- Roofing & Waterproofing-- Walls & Ceilings-- Home Automation-- Welding & Metalworking-- Woodworking ProjectsDecorate-- Accessories-- Carpeting-- Tile - Ceramic, Marble, Terazzo, etc.-- Cleaning-- Decoration & Design-- Furniture & Furnishings-- Glass & Mirrors-- Furniture Refinishing-- Housewares-- Painting-- Upholstery-- Vinyl Floors-- Wallpaper-- Window Treatments-- Wood Floors, Laminate, SubflooringOutdoors-- Gardening-- Hiking-Camping & Backpacking-- Hunting & Fishing-- Lawn-- Outdoor Living-- Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs-- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun & ArcheryFinance & Home Ownership-- Banking & Credit-- Business & Home Office-- Employment-- Home Buying & Selling-- Home Office-- Insurance-- Investments-- Law-- Loans & MortgagesLifestyle-- Needlework-- Chats & Whines-- Crafts & Hobbies-- Dieting & Weight Loss-- Food & Beverage-- Health & Fitness-- Leisure Time-- Lifestyle-- Parenting-- Pets-- Sports & Travel
Rate This Thread:
Select a rating... 5 .. Best 4 3 .. Average 2 1 .. Worst

Forum Rules:You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is OFF

Admin Options:
-- Thread Options -- Open / Close Thread Move / Copy Thread Edit Thread Delete Thread / Posts Merge Threads Split Thread Stick / Unstick Thread

Get Matched
with PreScreened Local Contractors
Enter Your US Zip Code

Get Your FREE Issue of the Family Handyman Here!
Get Your FREE Issue of American Woodworker Here!
Visit DoItYourself.com's Interactive How-to Workshop.

DoItYourself.com is a servicemark of DoItYourself.com Inc. All postings become the property of DoItYourself.com Incorporated. All products mentioned are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies. All information contained in these forums is from people posting their opinions. All answers should be verified with the supplier of the product you are actually using or purchasing. We assume no liability for the information herein contained. We have a strict Privacy Policy. Direct problems regarding website operations to [email protected]. You may also submit your link or receive advertising info. Questions should be entered in the appropriate DoItYourself.com Community Forum."
Copyright 1995-2001 DoItYourself.com Inc. All rights reserved. You may freely link to this site.
< Contact Us - DoItYourself.com >