Big Fuse Blown

Old 08-14-03, 04:59 PM
Group Moderator
Big Fuse Blown

Figured out what happened in the northeast this afternoon. Someone posted a question without details again and Joe Cool blew a fuse...a BIG fuse.

When you get power back, tell us all where you were Joe.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-03, 10:24 PM
Visiting Guest
tow guy---actually he heard that someone crushed a '79 400 t/a in the boneyard due to a bad wheel bearing, that happened at 4:09 pm---coincidence??

is it just me, or is it extra quiet in here tonight??

Old 08-15-03, 01:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Bright idea.

Yup, no juice. Sorry, autolibrary won't have the R&R procedures on that one! LOL

I was washing my hands in the restroom getting ready to leave and poof the lights went off in Queens, NY.

We commandeered out to the middle of the floor and a couple of us grouped together to see how to get home. The folks that live in Long Island were the worst off. Couldn't do much for them, I live the other way. LOL.

I gave one woman a ride to a corner where she could walk the rest of the way. I got on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway figuring that because it's a highway and had no lights it would move faster.

Paydirt-----moved fairly well and handled the volume OK. I got home in less than 2 hours. Not bad given the situation.

I must say, MOST people were courteous and it WASN'T mayhem. I don't think I heard a single horn the whole time!!!!

We of course have power now . Big relief.

Notice the icon on this post! LOL