Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

89 Jimmy heater

Visiting Guest

08-15-03, 09:26 PM   #1  
Omega
89 Jimmy heater

89 GMC Jimmy S15 4x4 V6 4.3

It has a multitude of problems, but let's just start with the most annoying (in August).
The heater blows constantly regardless of temperature control setting or whether it's on defrost/heat/ac or whatever. The rotary switch seems to be ok. It appears to be missing one of the small vacuum tubes, but I can't find it. Would it have an unused hole? Similarly, the wiring harness has five receptacles but only four wires leading into it (two of which lead into the same receptacle). Should there be an extra wire somewhere?
The blower only works on high or off, but I assume this is a separate problem.
I've tried Chilton's and alldataDIY but haven't been able to find much info.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-16-03, 05:16 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Sounds like a failed blower resistor on the blower problem.

As for only hot air, check the operation of the vent door cable from the control to the door. Move it back and forth while watching the cable and door. Make sure nothing fell down there (leaves, pencils, debris, etc).

As for the vacuum lines---time for an Alldata.com subscription. It should be included with all the wiring and vacuum diagrams they'd provide.

Search this Thread