Not a Q.. Just a weird use that supposedly works

Old 08-16-03, 12:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not a Q.. Just a weird use that supposedly works

If you are on the road, and your clutch is slipping badly, pour a can of coca-cola onto the clutch disc. This will let you
get the vehicle home or to a shop were it can be fixed. This helps if you have oil on your clutch disc. I have never tried this myself, since I never had a stick shift. You can find more tips like this at www.wackyuses.com. After reading the alternate uses for coca-cola, you may not want to drink it anymore.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-03, 05:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down Sounds like an old wives tale.

Ummm, I don't think you want anything on your clutch disc .

When cars leak oil onto the clutch, that's when they slip. Anything coming between the clutch is going to make things worse, not to mention gum things up for the right repair. Clutches work on friction

Clutches don't usually "give up the ghost" like that all of a sudden. They get progressively worse and the driver should be tuned into that.

Old 08-16-03, 10:07 AM
How in the heck would you get the coke in there anyhow?Oh you pull the trans,lol

Old 08-16-03, 03:44 PM
jetman1979
Visiting Guest
Coke on cluth?

I can see were it might work but I dont know how you would apply it to the disk without major parts removal.But Coke is very corrosive so in the long run it might be a bad deal.

Old 08-31-03, 07:55 PM
You could supposedly pour it through a hole in the bellhousing, and it was just a last ditch thing meant to get you home or to a repair shop to replace the clutch, not a permanent cure. I have never tried it myself, I found it on www.wackyuses.com and figured that it may help someone.

Old 08-31-03, 08:28 PM
Its easy . Flip the car on its roof and pour it into the hole in the bottom of the bellhousing while cranking the engine over for proper distrabution, This should only be performed by professionals

Old 08-31-03, 08:30 PM
Oh by the way the sox looked good this weekend (1918)

Old 08-31-03, 09:42 PM
Should Yankee fans remember 2001 (losing WS to an expansion team that was in existense for less than 10 years) and 1966 ( Finisishing last in AL)? I had no clue where the bellhousing was, I was just quoting what I saw on www.wackyuses.com. Like I said earlier, I never owned a stick shift vehicle.

Old 09-01-03, 06:09 AM
Actually you may see vehicles with a wet clutch design being used in the future. They are said to be far superior, apply and release better, and last many times longer. Look how long they last in automatic transmissions. I wonder who'll be the first to send them into mainstream production. I just read something about them not too long ago. I'll see if I can find it.

As far as uses for Coke, my buddy flipped his battery over yseterday 4 wheelin, and got acid all over himself and shorted out the battery, so I rinsed him off with a can of Coke. Add that to your list of uses for Coke.

PS Whoever came up with pouring coke on your slipping clutch must have forgotten you would either A) do like SSDOG said, or B) do like davo said. You might want to send them an email inquiring how you could actually do it.

Old 09-01-03, 06:10 AM
Hirsh, what part of CT are you from?