windshield wiper

Old 08-16-03, 06:28 AM
windshield wiper

When I turn the windshield wiper on, on my 1988 GMC 2500 they will not shut off with the switch on the blinker, when I shut the engine off the wiper will shut off and stay off until you turn them on. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-03, 06:51 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like fault in the park switch in the motor.

Next time it happens, shut the wipers off and rap on the motor with a rubber mallet. If you get it to stop, it's finished inside.

Old 08-17-03, 08:26 PM
chevman
Visiting Guest
gm has a recall on chevy truck wipers i know it goes back to 95 may want to check

Old 08-18-03, 05:46 AM
daveblan
Visiting Guest
I have the same prob w/my 94 Suburban,there is a recall/service notice for this prob and goes back to some vin numbers even farther back than 94, but of course not mine. The dealer, who was very nice, asked me to call GM to report my problem in the hope that if enough people complained they would extend the recall. I called GM who also were very nice but still didnt offer to fix my truck. I did get a coupon for a free oil change though for my troubles.

Old 08-18-03, 06:06 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
All posters:

Check alldata.com to see if there are bulletins pertaining to your problem. Get a GM Dealer to print them out for you if you find a match.

Then call up GM, with bulletin # in hand and let 'em have it.

Old 08-18-03, 03:48 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
If you fell thru the cracks on the recall, modules are quite easy to change. If you DIY, about 40 bucks. Usually there is a bad/cracked solder joint on the board where it is plugged in. With patience/time you may be able to find it and repair it. Might try and wiggle the plug area and see if this might turn up something.