88 Chrysler Daytona

Old 08-17-03, 02:56 PM
DRLM001
Visiting Guest
88 Chrysler Daytona

Hi there,I have an 88 Daytona which i just changed all the brake lines, flex hoses,and bleeder screws.The car had a broken line last year before i laid it up.So i braught it home and did the change.I put it all back together dont see any leaks,But i can only seem to get little pressure in rear passenger anf front drivers side.I had help pumping/bleeding the system but cant seem to get it to come around.All the lines are put back where they came off,On the brass junction box below the master cylinder,no leaks seems tight.Any suggestions on how i should go about getting these brakes bled?Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-03, 03:29 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Did you replace the master cylinder? Did you bench bleed it?

Old 08-17-03, 04:24 PM
DRLM001
Visiting Guest
Hi there.No i didnt replace the master cylinder,but i did take off the resavoir and cleaned it.Also the car sat all year with little or no fluid in it.So maybe the master cylinder is dry?How would i go about bleeding/removing the master cylinder.I dont see any mounting bolts on the cylinder.Thanks

Old 08-17-03, 06:51 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Arrow

A rebuilt or even new master cylinder for this vehicle is dirt cheap. Go ahead and change it and it will come with bench bleeding directions.

You've gone this far with the braking system, now's the time to make sure it's all new .