Oxygen Sensor

Old 08-17-03, 06:01 PM
Oxygen Sensor

I have a 1993 Chevy 350,1500ck pick up truck it has 94,000 miles on it. I need to know if I should replace the Oxygen sensor. According to some T.V. shows it should be replaced each year for better fuel mileage. I have never heard of this before. I was in the process of replacing the the necessary things you replace at that mileage or there about. I thought I would ask the pro's, Thanks in advance Cm

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-03, 07:06 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
94k=WAY overdue for a change.

I do mine every year, but 30k is about right. With the crap in today's fuel, they get lazy fast. You'll pick up some MPG by changing it. It's a snap on most GM's.

Old 08-18-03, 02:39 PM
O2 sensor

Thanks Joe,
I can not believe I have missed replacing this it is not like me to overlook things like this. Is there anything else I should replace?
I have replaced the plug wires, plugs, air cleaner, rotor and cap, fuel filter, checked timing, flushed radiator, replaced water pump, changed rear end fluid, and a few more things. What about the timing chain how many miles is it good for. Thx Cm

Old 08-18-03, 03:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Timing chain is good for the "life" of the truck. When it goes, replace it. Or, if you are in there to replace the water pump and the mileage is up there, you are half way there.

That would be the time to change it.

As for replacement of other items, follow the maintenance schedule provided in the owner's manual or separate booklet.