Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Brake lines

PA

08-20-03, 04:22 AM   #1  
Brake lines

I have a 85 s-10 2.8 4wheel drive. I have a leak in the main line right before it gets to the back wheel. CAn I splice into the line to repair or should i replace from the block in the front to the block in the back. Is it possible to repair with rubber hose and a couple clamps or is there to much pressure in the lines. Thanks

Sponsored Links

08-20-03, 05:11 AM   #2  
i would evaluate the condition of the line if rusty you probably shouldnt splice it and just replace the whole piece to splice it you will need a double flaring tool which most parts stores will rent out, one male fitting and female fitting to install the lines together and the appropiate length 3/16 brake line that will have to be bent to shape again most parts stores have straight lines in like 10 inch increments up to about 5ft in length.
there is to much pressure to use any type of hose to splice lines together.
you can also remove the line and some places will make you a new one including bending it to match your old one you may have to call around for places that can make brake lines.

Visiting Guest

08-20-03, 05:56 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Throw all the lines out. If one is rusty, the rest isn't far behind.

Send your originals to Fine Lines, Classic Tube or Inline Tube and they will fabricate one piece new ones from your old ones. Very reasonably priced, easy to install and fit correctly with no worries.

Search this Thread