Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Battery dies

08-21-03, 10:40 AM   #1  
Battery dies

Hi there!

My corolla battery keeps dying if I leave it idle for more than 4-5 days. I thought that a new battery might fix it but no luck. I checked the alternator its fine. Also, checked with Toyota dealership on electrical discharge. According to them they cannot find any leak that is substantial, so a minor leak can be the cause but cannot find where. Does anyone know how I can figure out?

thanks in advance for your response.

-v

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-21-03, 11:32 AM   #2  
tstokka
is the top of the battery clean? I've seen them where it was dirty and thats where the current was going.

How did they do the test? you need an ampmeter and hook it in series between the negative terminal and the negative cable. It should only read less than 1 amp. If more start pulling fuses and after each fuse check the meter if it changes then thats the curcuit to look at. It could be more than one curcuit.

Visiting Guest

08-21-03, 01:16 PM   #3  
Joe_F
Correct.

What year Corolla? Have you checked alldata.com for any bulletins that might pertain to the problem?

Search this Thread