citroen car

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-03, 05:10 AM
lynn
Visiting Guest
citroen car

i have a pinhole in my plastic pipe which is attached to the main radiator how can i seal it

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-03, 05:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
We haven't gotten Citreons here for MANY years.

I suggest you take the piece to a radiator shop to see if they can repair it, if not, order a new part for it.

If you're in the US, you may have to search around for parts, that marque is much more prevelant in Europe.

Old 08-22-03, 06:33 AM
If you are really adventurous... assuming you cant find the part... you can try some J B Weld and see if that helps. Then again, if it fails and you lose all your coolant, dont blame me.

Old 08-22-03, 09:23 AM
Hose clamp?

maybe you can put a hose clamp lined with rubber like from an inner tube.Pretty jury rigged but it might work.Also dont blame me if it fails it was just a thought.

Old 12-08-07, 09:11 PM
I had a 1988 CX TRI 5 speed which needed a radiator, I had a 1980 CX Prestige whose Rad was all metal, i.e. Brass so this was given to a local place where they would be able to rebuild like new and it was rebuilt like new, the old radiator in the late mode CX's were made of plastic , hence were not recommend repairing them,in any case metal is better.
I also have a 1990 Citroen XM 3 Litre. Automatique in mint condition, however I am always concerned about getting parts for it overseas.

Old 12-08-07, 09:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This is a 4 yr old thread.

//Closed

PM me if someone feels it needs to be reopened.

Closed Thread