Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Turn signals

Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 12:41 PM   #1  
tonton
Turn signals

I have a 1997 VW Cabrio. The left turn signal has started blinking at double speed. Inside of the car, the front signal light and rear signsl light all blink at double speed. All four signals as well as inside of the car will blink at normal speed if I turn the hazards on.

I was told this is probably a flasher not a burned-out bulb. The problem is my owners manual says nothing of flashers. I have picked up the Haynes Repair Guide and it shows the electrical panel in two locations of the book with two different layouts. And neither of the two layouts discusses a flasher. Turn signals don't even seem to be mentioned in the book.

Can you help?
Thanks,
tonton

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 12:47 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Don't assume it's not a bulb. Check EACH bulb to make sure it's still good and the right one. I have seen bad bulbs cause a HOST of problems over the years.

Failing that, ask the local VW dealer for the location of the relay/flasher. The Haynes manual is generally a useless table prop for any serious repair.....

Search this Thread