Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Nissan Power Window Switch

SC

08-22-03, 06:23 PM   #1  
Nissan Power Window Switch

Darnit. The driver side window on my wife's 1998 Nissan Altima is rolled down and the switch has finally and completely died. I am 99% sure that the motor is good and the switch is gone, as the passenger side window has the same symptom from the driver's side, but works perfectly from the passenger switch.

Does anyone know how to bypass the switch to get the window back up? Can I jump connectors? If so, which ones? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Desperate in rainy South Carolina.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-22-03, 07:23 PM   #2  
mike from nj
without a wiring diagram---your stuck. you can do some damage if you jumper around at the switch and put voltage at the wrong wires.

try taking the door panel off and applying 12 volts and ground directly to the window motor, if it goes down more, reverse the wires, if it doesn't go up---time for a motor.

time for a plastic bag and duct tape for now.

Visiting Guest

08-23-03, 03:20 PM   #3  
tstokka
can you roll the windows in the back down with the drivers panel?

If not I think you got a wire that broke more than likely in the harness that is in the hinge area.

good luck

Visiting Guest

08-23-03, 03:28 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Try rapping on the door panel with a rubber mallet and your hand while actuating the switch. Sometimes you can get it to go up one last time.

Search this Thread