1994 grand cherokee

Old 08-25-03, 07:34 AM
lostone2110
Visiting Guest
1994 grand cherokee

i have a 1994 grand cherokee and i need desperately to find out how to disengage the security system.it has been stuck in my drive since sat night because of the faulty system and this not the first time .i will have to have it towed if you can not help me it is a v8 5.2auto trans. is this really a hard fix.i have had it with this and just do not want to deal with it anymore also any easy fixes on fixing the horn?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-03, 09:39 PM
mike from nj
Visiting Guest
is it a chrysler factory unit or an aftermarket 'anyname' alarm---big difference

unplug the horn for now

if it starts and stalls in two seconds(when the alarm goes off)---probably a factory unit

if it won't crank the engine(when the alarm goes off)---probably aftermarket.

whose name is on your key fob?

if the 'factory' fob is dead, unlocking the door with the key in either front door will usually shut the alarm off.

let us know

Old 08-26-03, 09:58 AM
lostone2110
Visiting Guest
1994 grand cherokee

thank -you for responding.i ended up having it towed.the lock cylinder switch is gone so therefore the security system failed does this sound right?anyways the labor is going to cost twice as much as the part as usual and that goes for the other things i am having fixed too.well least now i am registered here and get your assistif needed.now on too the lawnmower.have a nice day
lostone

Old 08-26-03, 03:11 PM
Did you try unlocking it from the other door?! LOL Or did you try to use the key fob? This is a common problem with these.

Old 08-26-03, 03:24 PM
lostone2110
Visiting Guest
i might female but i am not even on my worst day yellowhaired in color silly one but what i did find out is that the cylinder lock is gone and so on and son but thanxs for the reply!!!!

Old 08-26-03, 04:30 PM
It's not the lock cylinder that goes bad. It's the little switch located behind it. They either pop off or crap out all together.

Old 08-27-03, 04:01 AM
lostone2110
Visiting Guest
Smile 94 cherokee

well i now consider myself informed and i thank-you sir wolverine

Search this Thread